Status
Not open for further replies.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@elorablue how can I make sure the top panel is 100% level, when I get to drilling it should I clamp it to the table?

Well, you start off by making every piece EXACTLY the same size. Exactly, not a 1/32" of a difference because dimensional errors compound themselves.

You'll need some sort of square, your school probably has a framing square . Then before drilling, clamp all the pieces together on a dead flat surface. A sheet of plywood or melamine is good for that. Then check that your construction is square by measuring the diagonals, they need to be EXACTLY the same..

Then if you plan on placing something on top of the structure I would recommend a ply or melamine again.
I mean, ya aint makin' a piano here

Does the make any sense?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1620940312483.png

JAKos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the extra 100$ for the 45 gallon why don't you go for the 20 gallon long instead?

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, you start off by making every piece EXACTLY the same size. Exactly, not a 1/32" of a difference because dimensional errors compound themselves.

You'll need some sort of square, your school probably has a framing square . Then before drilling, clamp all the pieces together on a dead flat surface. A sheet of plywood or melamine is good for that. Then check that your construction is square by measuring the diagonals, they need to be EXACTLY the same..

Then if you plan on placing something on top of the structure I would recommend a ply or melamine again.
I mean, ya aint makin' a piano here

Does the make any sense?
Could I put it through a planer? To shave a teeny tiny bit off

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be realistic to make 2 10 gallon tanks for 300$ equipment wise? I’d shell out a extra $100 for gulf live rock salty bottom but get a 25 pound pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back