13.5G Evo First few Corals and Dipping

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got Frog Spawn a few days ago. So far all is well I decided to add a few more corals. I was at LFS today looking for ZOAs. They had elegance coral just came in for $39 bucks and these guys were big. I’m like sold. They had a Buy 1 get one deal so I’m thinking Duncan or ZOAs. The I saw the GSP on a rock covered in crap. But it was healthy and looked good. Plus it was enough to make an island in this small tank. GSP covers ground fast so I went for it.

Got Home and went crap I don’t have a way to rinse it. So I pulled out the essential oils I figured let’s give this a try. I did two drops of Lemon Grass, Eucalyptus and Tea Tree in the bag. Guys. Bristle worms were running for cover. It’s GSP it’ll survive a tooth brush or a shower head lol. It’s gonna be very ticked off at me for a bit. But it does work 100%. Now on a more expensive coral I wouldn’t do it. Just thought I’d chime in.

Did the dip for about 30 mins. I did it on the Elegance as well but less time. I was kinda rescuing the GSP. Cuz it made a good island by itself. But I knew it was going to have hitchhikers. But at the same time know GSP well enough to know it’s rarely dead. Lol. So I figured let’s try this as others have done it.

It 100% works. I’m sure My GSP will be shocked for a bit. But I have full confidence in a rebound. If you do something like this to a more difficult coral or more expensive one I’d be very careful but it does work. It still took about 30 mins.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ksull72487

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got Frog Spawn a few days ago. So far all is well I decided to add a few more corals. I was at LFS today looking for ZOAs. They had elegance coral just came in for $39 bucks and these guys were big. I’m like sold. They had a Buy 1 get one deal so I’m thinking Duncan or ZOAs. The I saw the GSP on a rock covered in crap. But it was healthy and looked good. Plus it was enough to make an island in this small tank. GSP covers ground fast so I went for it.

Got Home and went crap I don’t have a way to rinse it. So I pulled out the essential oils I figured let’s give this a try. I did two drops of Lemon Grass, Eucalyptus and Tea Tree in the bag. Guys. Bristle worms were running for cover. It’s GSP it’ll survive a tooth brush or a shower head lol. It’s gonna be very ticked off at me for a bit. But it does work 100%. Now on a more expensive coral I wouldn’t do it. Just thought I’d chime in.

Did the dip for about 30 mins. I did it on the Elegance as well but less time. I was kinda rescuing the GSP. Cuz it made a good island by itself. But I knew it was going to have hitchhikers. But at the same time know GSP well enough to know it’s rarely dead. Lol. So I figured let’s try this as others have done it.

It 100% works. I’m sure My GSP will be shocked for a bit. But I have full confidence in a rebound. If you do something like this to a more difficult coral or more expensive one I’d be very careful but it does work. It still took about 30 mins.

I don’t always dip corals. Depends on the frag. Like the GSP I knew needed a dip.Most t

Some corals I dip. Not all. It depends on how fresh the plug is etc. But anything fragged off a rock your dipping. Inevitably we all deal with the hitchhiker sooner or later and some of them I want. In the Nano I’m usually more careful as theirs less to work with.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back