130 g Reef tank 27' deep light

dimidragos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i start to cycle my first reef tank. The size it's 100x70x70 cm. One of my issue its regarding the light because it's a pretty deep tank. I have a ATI Powermodule 6x24w and one Aqua Ilumination Vega. My budget it's not soo big now. Do you think i can use this to lights together or it's not the best setup?? I was thinking to buy one more Vega but they are out of stock hand discontinued. It's ok to combine Vega with ATI and with a new AI Hydra 26?? I plan to start mostly with LPS and soft corals but i have few SPS also in my smaller tank....sorry for my english, i live in norway...
I have one more concerning about the rocks i start to cycle the tank....I chose 34 kg of Real Reef Rock and i really dont know if was the best solution. I will seed them daily with Brightwell Microbacter7 and Seachem Stability.
I hope i can get some advices
Thanks

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey man if you don't mind spending a little bit the Chinese black box LED work great for growing corals for a nice budget frienly fixture.

Eddie7144

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree on the Chinese black boxes, like reef breeders, I have black boxes on my 150 gal tank and all my corals do fine, good color a s good growth.

skilos1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
search ebay for marsaqua reef light if you want a chinese led

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 75 48.1%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back