OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost about 80 gallons if water this morning holy crap. Well I decided to clean my skimmer last night so took it apart and cleaned it well after that I set it in the tank and me being dumb turned it on and adjusted it them went to bed to wake up this morning to a dry sump I guess I over adjusted it and it overflooded all night.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks man. Im suprises the ato didnt throw off your salinty?? Another reason ill never trust an out of sump skimmer.

Oh it did but I only had about ten gallons and that went to the floor too. I think in gonna install a float switch inside my skimmer cup so if this happen again it will cut off power to the skimmer pump

TankedNTn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me glad I have the Davy Jones locker hooked up through the Apex to shut off when it fills up. When I first got the skimmer going it would constantly overflow when I turned the pumps back on.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that stinks. I'm in the process of adding a float switch in my skimmer cup to prevent that from happening.

Hope all works out and turns out to be ok.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updates just added a new fish to the tank and is a fish on the fringe and it's a niger trigger I always wanted a niger trigger due to it's colors and the way they swim so added one on Friday so far so good still a little shy but doing great I must say this is one of the most beautyfull colored fish I have seen specially under bright lights.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome fish. I added one a few months back and I absolutely love it. Seems to be a model citizen as well so far.

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was pretty small to begin with. Maybe 2.5"-3" head to tail and now about 3.5". It's starting to grow it's tail streamers which are really beautiful. Seems to leave both of the large fire shrimp alone and both of my featherdusters as well. Hopefully it stays well fed and away from those critters.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was pretty small to begin with. Maybe 2.5"-3" head to tail and now about 3.5". It's starting to grow it's tail streamers which are really beautiful. Seems to leave both of the large fire shrimp alone and both of my featherdusters as well. Hopefully it stays well fed and away from those critters.

Same with mine is about 2.5 and is also starting to get the streamers mine likes pellets I bought the trigger ocean nutrition food but have not fed it yet so I'll see how he act when I feed it that's stuff

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything I put in the tank it will eat. It even eats from the veggie clip! Super personable fish!

reewik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are going to eat the shrimp eventually. Just an FYI... I do agree they are an awesome fish though.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok got the calcium and alkalinity at a balance point and correct dose I don't know how my tank is using 65 ml a day of each cal and alk to maintain a 420 cal and 7.8 alk.but somehow it does

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back