130 gallon peninsula build

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one wouldnt have a problem buying frags if they were cut and then dipped in bayer at your place and then inspected and then dipped again at my place before going into QT or DT for that matter. But thats just me.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1387992970.837929.jpg

That's a super cool photo!

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I for one wouldnt have a problem buying frags if they were cut and then dipped in bayer at your place and then inspected and then dipped again at my place before going into QT or DT for that matter. But thats just me.

I think it would be better to do an interceptor dip on the frags before they go into someone else tank. An other think that scares me is if I dose the tank with interceptor my corals browning out I hate browned out corals lol

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure an Interceptor dip would work, you would have to use such a small amount so that you don't risk killing the frags. Bayer is a safer alternative.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure an Interceptor dip would work, you would have to use such a small amount so that you don't risk killing the frags. Bayer is a safer alternative.

People use interceptor dips all the time and as my experience with Bayer yea it's a great dip but didn't work on my tank all my sps were dip with Bayer before entering my tank and I still have the bugs. I think Bayer is really effective on AEFW but not so much red bugs.

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think there is a lot of people that have them but not knowing. The best way to find out is put a granulosa frag in your tank closed to the glass and keep an eye on it if you have them they will jump on it. My neon green granulosa is the one that they stay on the most

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niger triggers are zooplankton eaters

Ummmmmm lol that's a negative. Wellll they won't mess with coral but mean as heck chase every other fish and if you don't mind not having a clean up crew because they eat all your snails then YES absolutely reef safe!;)

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a very informative link. You must be extremely lucky. I so wish I could have a trigger but my experiments with them and harlequin tusks have proven to be accurate to this link versus the one you posted. There are always exceptions to the rule. You are a very very lucky man!!!

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-08/dc/

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New addition
Orange linkia starfish waited a year to try one lets see how it does I acclimated it for about 3.5 hours so far so good no signs of dye of yet it's been on the tank for a full day.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1388788481.912404.jpg

schooleyosis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck. I bought one at the swap last year, saw it for two days and then never saw it again. Hope you have better success.

How's the trigger been? Mine nipped my arm the other day when I stuck my hand in the tank. Didn't hurt or draw blood but I need to make sure that doesn't happen when it gets big. Lol

OP
OP
iiluisii

iiluisii

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea mine is doing great this is the second full day and no signs of dye off. The trigger is doing great he nips at my finger when I feed lol so I do keep and eye for him when I feed

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back