135 gallon goodwill tank

Oh really? I was debating on getting the model up when I was at the store but ended up on that one, what size or gph should I be looking for do you think? Cause seeing how poorly that overflow seems to sit in the tank makes me think I’m definitely going drilled now.
Sump finally arrived today after ordering on 10/17 😅pretty disappointed
20251126_152319_70089912-5B04-4802-92FB-FDC1B170AE8A.png

20251126_152319_29C6D383-126C-420C-BBF6-52D40827D347.png

After messing with the HOB overflow and getting your suggestions I returned it and think I’m going with the modular marine 1800. I got a few other pieces as well to work on, 2 MP40s off the marketplace here and a xr15 G6 pro as well as ordering 2 more new radion pros. The used one came with the single mounting arm and the MP40s came with nem guards. I got 2 open box mounting arms for cheap and the 70” rail to mount them from the sides of the tank so more cutting lol. I got a return pump also the eflux current 3170gph DC, not sure about it but haven’t been able to try it yet. But so far I’ve gotten a decent amount of the equipment needed been looking forward for over a month to get my sump in and it’s broken so that’s got me kind of down 😅.
 
it’s broken so that’s got me kind of down
Oof!! That’s rough… I’m sorry….

Hopefully you’ve reached out to the manufacturer to explain that it was broken in transit?
 
it’s broken so that’s got me kind of down
Oof!! That’s rough… I’m sorry….

Hopefully you’ve reached out to the manufacturer to explain that it was broken in transit?
Yeah I emailed them right away and sent a few pictures, it looks pretty obvious to me that something jabbed it in shipping and they just taped over the box. I imagine it will take them a few days due to the holidays but I’m hoping they just resend another one instead of a refund because this was supposed to be a blemished one off their website that they sell for cheaper so I only paid $470 for it as opposed to $750 new. It would be a shame to have to pay an extra couple hundred bucks for something that wasn’t my fault after waiting such a long time because of their warehouse fire that delayed my order. As for it being blemished I didn’t notice anything other than the damage so hopefully that works in my favor of a resend!
 
How's the tank doing?
Mostly just gathering equipment as of lately, got the sump replaced and intact, got the matching 10 gallon ato container a tunze osmolator, a simplicity 240dc skimmer and a simplicity 3200 dc return pump just to have 2 for emergencies. Thinking about getting a metal stand or building one as the sump doesn’t fit under the stand it came with unfortunately. Got a modular marine 1800 gph overflow in too but have been a little nervous about drilling the tank as I’ve never done it before and am a little worried about the differences in drilling technique as it’s acrylic and not glass, the modular marine came with a diamond hole saw which I know won’t work for acrylic so I bought one for acrylic the same size which is supposed to be 3” but it doesn’t quite fit into the included drilling guide and the diamond coated one does despite both supposedly being 3 inches not sure if it’s a huge deal but it’s made me nervous to drill as you can’t make the hole smaller from bigger 😬. Probably going to grab another and see if it actually fits in the guide. Aside from that I just need to figure out heaters, plumbing and get the rock and sand and it should be ready to go! Really just hesitating on drilling and plumbing as it’s something I’ve never done and want to get it right but hoping I can figure it out and ideally get everything else and up and running by January!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new