135 Gallon Long Build (72x24x18)

OSFF

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 14, 2020
Messages
81
Reaction score
102
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 10 years in the hobby, I have finally decided to do my first large build. Current tanks are Red Sea Reefer 170 and Fluval Evo 13.5. Will be converting my RSR 170 into a softy dominant tank containing my orange spotted filefish as I do not want them picking at the corals in this build.
The tank itself was built by Advanced Acrylics here in Orange County CA with dimensions of 72 inches long, 24 inches front to back, and 18 inches tall. Since the aquarium will be dominated by soft coral and LPS, I will be keeping equipment to a minimum to save on power. The equipment list is as follows:
Stand: Aqua Japan 72"
Sump: 60 gallon breeder
Skimmer: Maxspect Jump SK800
Wavemakers: Maxspect Gyre X350 (x2)
Lighting: Kessil AP9X (x2)
Return Pump: Jebao DCP 3000 (x2)
Heating: Inkbird Controller with 2 undersized Fluval heaters

The next step will be installing the partitions in the sump and plumbing up the tank.
 
Last edited:
image_6483441 (1).JPG
image_6483441 (2).JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new