135 gallon sps dominated reef Tom Toro

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom don't ever invite me over. LOL Im telling you now you'd have to light a small fire under neath that couch to get me up and out of your house.!!
Very cool very jealous.

OP
OP
TomToro

TomToro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom don't ever invite me over. LOL Im telling you now you'd have to light a small fire under neath that couch to get me up and out of your house.!!
Very cool very jealous.

Thanks Rob! Sorry for the late reply, haven't been around lately. I'm going to get somebody who knows photography and ask them to take some updated pics.

fiddly_foo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what state do you live in cause theres a milford 5 min away from me but thats in CT.. just wondering.. great tank setup Ilove that brightwell mb7 works great..

OP
OP
TomToro

TomToro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what state do you live in cause theres a milford 5 min away from me but thats in CT.. just wondering.. great tank setup Ilove that brightwell mb7 works great..

Thanks Foo. I live in Michigan. I'm hooked on the Brightwell stuff.

The lack of noise with in-wall systems is nice. My wife would love this set-up.

I agree with you. Sitting out on the chairs, you wouldn't know it sounds like a Jet landing all the time behind that wall. Skimmers are the loudest of my equipment. My wife just likes the idea that it's downstairs, although I see her sneak a look every once in awhile.

OP
OP
TomToro

TomToro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O.k., this is around the one year anniversary for this tank. I'm fighting some red turf algae and valonia. The corals are growing, however and the fish are happy. I use the Bacter7 and vodka regime and have since incorporated an ETSS 1400 with Iwaki 100rlt. I also have the etss 800 w/Iwaki 70rlt running and both are pulling lots of skimmate. Once the 1400 kicks in fully, I'll remove the 800. I feed too much, for sure.

As I said, my photo skills are lousy so bear with me:
Whole tank shot:
P1010023.jpg

Left side:
P1010025-1.jpg

Right side:
P1010024.jpg

Assorted other shots showing my beautiful valonia and algae:
P1010022-2.jpg

P1010021-2.jpg

P1010020-3.jpg

P1010019-2.jpg

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom this is gonna be one amazing tank once you get those little issues under control You have some really nice looking colonies in there!

OP
OP
TomToro

TomToro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom this is gonna be one amazing tank once you get those little issues under control You have some really nice looking colonies in there!

I appreciate that, my friend. I'm hoping the bigger skimmer can help some. I also bought some of the biofuel from Brightwell, hoping to goose some of the other types of crap eating bacteria to populate. I'm only using the B7 and Vodka now.

I'm pretty bummed about the algae, cause it makes everything look dirty. The urchins and Mexican Turbos can't keep up. But like Sonny says, 'never give up'.

Thanks about the colonies. They're actually growing pretty well. All but one were frags from very generous reefers. Trades, gifts, dieing lumps that came back, etc. I think I only bought about 25% of them. The largest blue acro in the back came from Alex (Dent). He's the largest gratis contributer so far, but he knows he gets it all back when he's ready. Generous and Smart guy.

OP
OP
TomToro

TomToro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good Tom! Keep fighting the algae! When it is all said and done you will come out on top. :D

I appreciate that, Sonny. I remember your thread about never giving up and keep using it to motivate me. Someday, yes?

I'm still enjoying the journey.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back