136g Stocking

Baffels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

Its time to get some more fish into the RedSea 625 G2. Heres my current list and what I have in mind. Looking for suggestions on my list AND other ideas. I love weird and unconventional fish and inverts. Pretty is great, but weird is better :)

Current stocking:

2 Clowns
1 Foxface
2 Banggai Cardinals
1 Royal Gramma
1 Yellow Wrasse
1 Starry Blenny
1 Fire Fish (Put in 6 days ago, was swimming/eating for 2 hours, havent been seen since)
1 Flame Hawkfish
1 Pistol Shrimp (Havent seen in months, but hear him almost every day)
Generic CUC w/ 2 tuxedo urchins
All softy coral, no plan for SPS

Ideas:

- A couple more wrasses, just not sure of which will be compatible. Getting a lot of conflicting information.
- Yellow tang
- Tomini Tang
- Flame Angelfish

I'm out of ideas. Have always wanted an Eel, but getting 50/50 on whether thats possible with a reef tank.

Any other suggestions?

OP
OP
Baffels

Baffels

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Pretty is great. But weird is better”. Glad to see someone else thinks that way. I love the idea of some character and quirkiness in the tank.
Thanks. I go to my LFS and just get analysis paralysis. I see a fish, look it up and see, again, 50/50 on whether its ok for a reef tank. It's either "Yes, I have had one for 56 years and its amazing and the mother of my children, 10/10 would recommend" or "If this fish even looks at your tank it will kill everything inside, you and your entire family".

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A dragonet is a good thought. Just want to make sure I get a good pod population first. Just started the pods a couple weeks ago.
To go even weirder with Dragonet relatives, look into Dactylopus dactylopus, these are stunning in person.

There isn’t too many weird wrasses however you can look at some of the uncommon species for example, Halichoeres pallidus. Anampses wrasses can look stunning but some come with a hefty price tag as well as a hefty care level.
One thing that’ll be best with wrasses is if you make a list of the wrasses you like and would like to have then we can try sort through it.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back