14 Day Guarantee Policy Encourages Bad Husbandry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
heifinator

heifinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As an individual, my husbandry practices to save any ailing specimen when received does not change no matter what the policy. There are risks ordering online coupled with delivery by UPS, FEdEx, etc.The least we can do is try our hardest to save the creatures that often have been plucked from the oceans dspths- no matter what the policy. Some w/b encouraged to prematurely stop trying to get the credit...that is too bad as it is a terrible testimony of the hobby. Others will do the right things....so lets do the right thing as it is better to have the 14day guarantee then not....
You're arguing the moral implications of this. My point was not about what you should or shouldn't do morally. It was that the policy encourages hobbyists to do the wrong thing.

If I offer someone 100k to kill somebody. It's encouraging them to do it... Regardless of the morality.

Obviously killing animals intentionally, even if it's potentially inevitable, is morally bankrupt. No one ever said anything different...

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're arguing the moral implications of this. My point was not about what you should or shouldn't do morally. It was that the policy encourages hobbyists to do the wrong thing.

If I offer someone 100k to kill somebody. It's encouraging them to do it... Regardless of the morality.

Obviously killing animals intentionally, even if it's potentially inevitable, is morally bankrupt. No one ever said anything different...
I’m not arguing anything, just making a point that needs to be made. You agree with me that no matter what the policy, we should do the right thing. If you have that frame of mind then the policy shouldn’t matter and I for one like to have it because after doing the right thing, it doesn’t work out, its good that they stand behind their product. Thats just me...

fourseasonoutdoorsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a customer chooses to order from any online vendor with some sort of guarantee, it's up to the customer, to be the advocate for themselves. The better the buyer documents the events will result in all parties involved having a better grasp on the situation.

I'd recommend in the future, that you contact the seller the moment something goes wrong. If I understand the situation described in the OP, the shipping took two days. That's almost unacceptable. The fact the coral was damaged because of the shipping - that's almost unacceptable. The obvious decline of the coral
is unacceptable given the previous circumstances and if vigorous documentation shows an obvious decline, the policy could be argued for by the customer. If the customer has actually done all they can at this point and the vendor chooses to not play ball, it's probably grounds to spend money elsewhere.

At the end of the day, I get it - losing corals and money at the same time blows. It seems in the OP, you're very familiar with the realities of this feeling and that it might impact your choices and judgement. That's okay, but don't dwell on it too long! I'd rate this an expensive learning opportunity.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back