14 days therapeutic copper and then I....

Sixty7x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
transferred 2 clowns to sterile tank (matching salinity and temp). I dosed 1 package of general cure (10gallon QT). But my screw up was I netted the fish and took the fish out of the net by hand and placed them in the sterile tank. I completely forgot to place them in another container BEFORE netting them with a clean net not contaminated from the 1st QT. Argh!!!

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was brand new out of the package. never used before

You should be fine then, with 14 days of therapeutic copper levels there shouldn't have been anything in the quarantine to cross contaminate. That's the hope, I'm still one of the guys that preaches 21 day copper treatments. But you should be fine

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't anything that could have been in the water column been zapped by the copper and ineffective if accidentally move to the sterile tank?

gobble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But wouldn't the cyst form be attached to a rock or glass or something? I'm thinking it's the free swimmers that could get caught by a net.

OP
OP
Sixty7x

Sixty7x

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But wouldn't the cyst form be attached to a rock or glass or something? I'm thinking it's the free swimmers that could get caught by a net.
When you're trying to net the fish there's excess movement and I suppose something could get caught in the net and be transferred that way. I didn't place the net in the sterile tank. I took the fish out of the net one at a time and placed them in sterile QT. I suppose at that point if a cyst was caught in the net it could get caught in a fin or stuck to my finger etc.....

Back