14 Foot Reef Build Thread - 850 Gallon System - Build Thread

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to try and consolidate all my post into somewhat of a build thread. My tank has been up and running 17 years now, with many many changes. I did a complete break down and bleaching of the system Jan 27th 2018. The tank is 3 separate tanks all constructed together. There is a center main reef tank that is roughly 96" x 36" x 28" tall. then two Pie shaped bow tanks flanking each end of the center reef.
They are all plumbed together and the plumbing runs to the main house garage where the space is conditioned and basically takes up 1of the 3 car garage spaces. More details to come
IMG_6311.jpg
IMG_6310.jpg
IMG_4769.jpg
IMG_0909(1).jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
.Did you get that from a sewage farm... that’s a proper gate valve

This RK2 - RK150 PE came off of a 10,000 cylinder tank that the seam started to unzip, so instead of attempting a repair, the company decided to shut it down after 10 years. The people that did the tear down sawed the plumbing all apart and threw it away. RK2 wanted $6000.00 to replace the missing parts. I'm $700.00 into it and its about ready for hookup. I replaced everything with all the exact parts that RK2 uses in their assembly. When I'm complete, this unit will be for sale as its way to big for my 850 gallon reef. During its "for sale" time, it will be plumbed in and running on my system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
14 foot reef

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear I've seen your setup before! Are you on WAMAS by chance? Or did you have a previous build thread with this configuration?
This setup is 17 years old.........Its been through many changes. Before Reefcentral crashed and lost all its data a few years ago. This tank was the MOST viewed picture on reef central ever.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back