14 gallon Biocube

xbruce2x

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 21, 2013
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1377040164.052882.jpg



Fish

2 clownfish
2 fire fish
1 domino damsel
1 yellow watchmen goby

Invertebrates

1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 pistol shrimp
5-10 hermit crabs
6-8 turbo snails
 
Nice looking tank .... But is it just me or is that a LOT of fish for a 14g cube??

I think that's a lot of fish for 14g. I have a 12g nano and I never keep more than two fish at a time. But that's just been my experience.
 
Are you running a skimmer on the Cube? Also what type of Coral do you have? I Love the Cave as well!!
 
Are you running a skimmer on the Cube? Also what type of Coral do you have? I Love the Cave as well!!

Are there any good nano skimmers out there? I've heard mixed reviews on the nano ones. If there's a good one, I'd be interested to know!
 
I just did a little research and I was going to suggest the CPR SR3, But it looks like thats only for the 29 B-C.. Unless someone else knows of any for a 14G, The only one I know of is the Oceanic Bio Cube Skimmer. Which I used on a 29 When I first started and I threw it out because it never did a thing.. Maybe often Water Changes would be your best bet?
 
I think unless you're willing to out in an extra sump the oceanic is about the only one that'll it in the bc14.
 
I have the Oceanic one for my 29g, it doesn't seem to do much. I took it out and added better filtering with the InTank media basket and regular water changes
 
I am using the oceanic nano skimmer with great results.

When I was trying to figure it out, Their were videos on YouTube and their were some people that were getting it to work. So It may be worth a shot I just think it works for far fewer people than it should. Good Luck!!
 
I do recommend changing the air stone frequently and adding a inline air control valve to adjust the flow of air on the skimmer.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new