OP
27ppatel

27ppatel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a super cool tank! Man I love it!

I think majority of my yearly savings went into this. Very sad money going.... BUT! I'm single, so I can do it! LOL. ..... It's my hobby, I love reefs. I've always wanted a drop off reef and I'm glad, I'm the only one who has a 40" drop with a one piece glass setup. There was NO way I was going to go acrylic, just way to much maintenance.

borgie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I be a little nosy and ask what the cost of just the tank was really curious what something like this costs this is by far one of the most interesting and amazing tanks I have ever seen, if you don't wanna post it public can always pm me and who actually made the tank I tried to read everything but pictures are distracting lol

OP
OP
27ppatel

27ppatel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I be a little nosy and ask what the cost of just the tank was really curious what something like this costs this is by far one of the most interesting and amazing tanks I have ever seen, if you don't wanna post it public can always pm me and who actually made the tank I tried to read everything but pictures are distracting lol

Now that you asked, everyone else will ask lol. Well the tank was what it was, can't really recall now, but I did NOT want to risk buying a tank from one place and then ordering a stand from another. Going setups like this I highly suggest keeping everything with one company. But just the Tank, Stand and Sump came up to about $8000. Then you know all the other gismo's we need (Skimmer, Return pump, lights) and so forth.

borgie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe sorry I had to :p and that's not to horrible I suppose so I'm guessing the tank was probably about 5kish since the stand is just tslot which isn't to horribly expensive. But regardless it's amazing and csnt wait to watch it fully mature

OP
OP
27ppatel

27ppatel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe sorry I had to :p and that's not to horrible I suppose so I'm guessing the tank was probably about 5kish since the stand is just tslot which isn't to horribly expensive. But regardless it's amazing and csnt wait to watch it fully mature

lol no problem at all. Yea I can't wait for it to grow out! It's actually a very good deal looking at what I got. Yea divide that into however it was (trying not to remember) but I made sure the company never used any of the 80/20 stuff. As nice as it is, I have a friend working as a robotics engineer and he said their company used Bosch Aluminum from Germany, and not the china stuff which is the 80/20 that has a thinner gauge aluminum and the extrusions which they are made from done have the same pattern properties as Bosch. After all this money I didn't want to cheap out. But after speaking to the owner at Primo Reef Acrylics, he giggled away and said they had never even bothered with any other company then Bosch. SO that re-assured me big time! All this great quality tank with no bubbles and all, I'd be surprised if the company cheeped out on aluminum, but they didn't.

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning! Do you have any video of it? Would be sweet to see it in motion.

Newtybar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been waiting for updates on this thing! I actually thought about it the other day.

Thank you for remembering us.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, are those white acrylic or painted glass? Because I've seen similar tanks and they do look equally amazing as a peninsula tank.

OP
OP
27ppatel

27ppatel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, are those white acrylic or painted glass? Because I've seen similar tanks and they do look equally amazing as a peninsula tank.

Hi Brian. The internal overflow is white glass with white acrylic weir that is removable. The sides you see in white is actually white silicone. And background or back of the tank, I had white vinyl applied for now.

OP
OP
27ppatel

27ppatel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found two pictures of my aquascape before hand. I had switched phones and forgot to save the other pictures. The use of 1" pipes and used random round acrylic as a base for corals to stick on.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1448550357.699095.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1448550371.602009.jpg

Simo2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi mate just read through this :) grate tank thinking of doing something the same in 19mm glass. have you anymore info on how you covered the pipe and back of the drop

what cement did you use etc do you need to cure it didn't think it be safe to use ?

i was going to use egg crate to add rock to etc but this is a better idea

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back