0   0   0
Here goes nothing !! Having seconds thoughts about how it looks
image.jpg

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think of the Aqueon 14 tank? I used that exact model before upping to a Waterbox Clear Mini 20, only because my rock work filled out too closely to all of the sides making it more difficult to clean. (In other words I sized my tank to the rock volume instead of the other way around! LOL). Or at least that is my story, and I'm sticking with it! :)

OP
OP
louivee

louivee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think of the Aqueon 14 tank? I used that exact model before upping to a Waterbox Clear Mini 20, only because my rock work filled out too closely to all of the sides making it more difficult to clean. (In other words I sized my tank to the rock volume instead of the other way around! LOL). Or at least that is my story, and I'm sticking with it! :)
It’s too small I would say for saltwater in my experience . I had a 75 gallon and I found in the hobby the bigger the body of water the easier it is. I’m definitely gonna be upgrading from this tank sooon I’m in the market right now for a decent tank

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you....I downsized from a 125 gallon, six foot tank that I let fizzle out over many years. (Finding my 10" long Queen Angel carpet surfing one morning was the start of that downward spiral LOL). Had that Angel since it was literally an inch long, so that was tough.

I have found the smaller tanks (I also have a one foot cube/7.5 gallons) present a different challenge, but one which is completely doable and enjoyable. Where else can you hit the "reset" button so easily with a near 100% water change? (I do roughly 80% changes weekly, and only recently have I dialed back those on the Waterbox as I suspected the changes were too sudden for my snail population.).

OP
OP
louivee

louivee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That must have been tough losing that angel im gonna check out water box tanks for sure which brings me to ask you this question about the water changes now with the coral doing such a big water change does it bother them ? Because I do the same thing

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regards the photos, you probably already know this, but you need to bring the white channel up temporarily while shooting to get anything close to what the human eye sees. If your spectrum is permanently set (an AI Sol maybe?) then just trying to add external room "yellow" light may help balance it a bit.

OP
OP
louivee

louivee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regards the photos, you probably already know this, but you need to bring the white channel up temporarily while shooting to get anything close to what the human eye sees. If your spectrum is permanently set (an AI Sol maybe?) then just trying to add external room "yellow" light may help balance it a bit.
I’ve recently purchased a lens from polyplabs so I can take better pictures for you guys it should be on its way now

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Waterbox 20 houses almost all anemones/anemone like specimens: Bubble Tips, Rock Nems, and Florida Ricordea. I have a few Green Star Polyps, but oh well. I just make sure I match temp and salinity as close as possible week after week: I use an identical heater (Cobalt Neotherm) in both the water mixing vessel, a big brute trash can, as is in the tank set to the same digital setting. I use a kitchen scale to measure the salt to the exact grams. And I use 5 gallon marked containers to get a pretty good measure on the DI water.

I am looking at possibly dialing back on both tanks and doing periodic two part dosing, as it might afford a little bit more stability as well as allow slightly higher nitrate levels. (Mine have almost always been undetectable).

All 'nems and corals do well after the changes (the rock nems really open up), but I have had a hard time hanging on to snails over time (bought multiple batches). That is either due to starvation or due to too rapid "acclimation" or lack thereof LOL during these large water changes.

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having said that, my other inverts (3 sexy shrimp, coral banded shrimp, and purple pincushion urchin) have never seemed the worse during these same high percentage changes. So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?

Back