15 Gallon Nano

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new to the forum! I just wanted to post a few pictures of my setup. I am going to post the original photos of the setup and an updated photo when I get home today. The tank is a few years old now and these pictures are from after about a year after I started it. Unfortunately at my old job I was away a lot and my tank wasnt properly taken care of but I have brought it back to relative stability and eliminated the hair algae and cyano but I did have some coral die. However I have a new job and the tank is back on track.
20161110_115459.jpg

20160907_151821.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I'm new to the forum! I just wanted to post a few pictures of my setup. I am going to post the original photos of the setup and an updated photo when I get home today. The tank is a few years old now and these pictures are from after about a year after I started it. Unfortunately at my old job I was away a lot and my tank wasnt properly taken care of but I have brought it back to relative stability and eliminated the hair algae and cyano but I did have some coral die. However I have a new job and the tank is back on track.
20161110_115459.jpg

20160907_151821.jpg
Very nice! Welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as promised here is the tank today! I have beat almost all of the hair algae and completely got rid of the cyanobacteria! The tank is getting back to good condition! I'm so glad I will not be traveling anymore!

20190823_165146.jpg

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey brother! You tank is looking beautiful now with the attention you have put into it. What kind of equipment are you running?

It is getting better its not to where it was but I have got rid of all the cyano and about 95% of the hair algae!

My equipment list is..
1 AI Prime led
2 MP10s
1 Tunze 9001 skimmer
I dont remember what I have for a return pump

The tank is a 15 gallon with a 10 gallon sump. I have removed the light and algae from the sump because it was creating a huge issue.

Im getting ready to move once I buy a house I have a 40 gallon that I was going to move everything into but I think you have reinspired me to consider building a tank thats larger and more beautiful!

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank update! I have decided to move to the Triton System! I just added a chaeto and a light to the first chamber of my sump and did a wc. I will grow the chaeto out over the next few weeks while still doing water changes. When my nitrates drop I will do a few 30% wc over a few days then start dosing the additives. Here is a pic of the sump.

20191024_202618.jpg

OP
OP
mcdrichj

mcdrichj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have decided to hold back on the triton method since my tank is so small and decided to start after I upgrade to a larger tank. I have just acquired an Apex Controller I'm pretty excited about it! I am starting to get pretty good growth and extension of the corals. I added a two zoa and one montipora frag.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 160 61.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.5%
Back