15 or 30 pro for IM50 lagoon?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LuizW13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

LuizW13

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 6, 2017
Messages
907
Reaction score
884
Location
DFW
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I've been wanting to update the lighting for my IM 50g lagoon and wanted to get two xr15 pro's- the dimensions of the tank are 29.92" L x 23.62" W x 16.14".


But of course, EcoTech only has a sale on the xr30 and ignored the xr15. But here's a question that people don't often talk about when choosing lighting- what would look better over that tank, two xr15's mounted from the back glass or one xr30 mounted from the back glass? Would a single xr30 even be on par with two 15's?


It's pretty annoying they left off the xr15 from their sales. ;Muted
 
I would be patient. The XR15s might go on sale next week. It’s the same story with the Primes. If it were my tank I would probably go with two XR15s for better spread. Makes it easier too if you upgrade because you could probably get away with two XR15s on a 4ft tank. You still could use one XR30 but two XR15s provides more options, especially if you’re keeping SPS.
 
Thanks guys, that's exactly what I expected to hear.
 
Dang, they’re really not putting a sale on the Xr 15?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 5.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new