150 Gallon Stocking Feedback

TimeTwister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 gallon that has wrapped up it's cycle and I am looking to stock it but would like some feedback. The tank is 5x2x2 and 150 gallons. It is bare bottom and will be SPS dominate. Most of my stocking is based on utility with some fish added for looks. What would you change, and what order would you stock in?

Here is what i have so far:

- Magnificent Fox Face: Algae control but I am slightly worried since I heard they can nip corrals.
- Yellow Tang: Algae control
- Kole Tang: Algae control
- Lawnmower Blenny: Algae control, plus I love how they look/swim. Starry blenny was an alternative here.
- Six Line Wrasse: Pest control, but I do worry about aggression.
- Midnight Clown (x2): Pair of clowns is just obligatory
- Fathead/Sunburst Anthias: Love the look of them, but heard they can be shy and worry the tank may be a bit boisterous for it.
- Lyretail Anthias (1 male 3 female): Had them previously and enjoyed their looks, but open to other alternatives to add color/shape variety.

Pic collage attached to give a quick view of color/shapes I have so far.

fish.jpg

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would loo into possibly adding Flasher and/or Fairy Wrasses, a Bellus Angel or other Genicanthus angel. Maybe a Centropyge Angel and a nice Trigger like the Niger, Blue-Throat or Pink-Tail.

OP
OP
T

TimeTwister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would loo into possibly adding Flasher and/or Fairy Wrasses, a Bellus Angel or other Genicanthus angel. Maybe a Centropyge Angel and a nice Trigger like the Niger, Blue-Throat or Pink-Tail.
Blue-throat trigger is definitely on my maybe list. I love the angels but I hear too many stories of them being a risk with reefs and with my goal of being SPS dominate I don't know that it is worth the risk.

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Genicanthus Angels are your safest bet with being “reef safe”. They are beautiful...check them out, especially the Bellus (Ornate) and the Masked Swallowtail.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back