Rtaylor

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how are the filefish doing? i'm planning on getting a pair for my new FOWLR
After 3 years they have all died. I’m not sure exactly why. I did have a water quality problem related to an exploded heater that caused high levels of heavy metals in the water. I suspect that was the major contributor as all coral and several other fish also died in about a 2-4 week time frame. They all looked fat and happy and then they died suddenly.

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 3 years they have all died. I’m not sure exactly why. I did have a water quality problem related to an exploded heater that caused high levels of heavy metals in the water. I suspect that was the major contributor as all coral and several other fish also died in about a 2-4 week time frame. They all looked fat and happy and then they died suddenly.
i'm sorry for your loss, i would be devastated if that happened in one of my tanks, and i bet the filefish couldve lived many more years if that handn't happened, i have been considering getting one for a couple years now and i think i have enough knowledge to finally get one. i'll keep you updated if i do!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry about your losses!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a solid looking bit of DIY there mate, looks amazing!

I see you have an orange spotted file fish! What do you feed him? I always wanted one of them- but I hear that they are quite hard to care for?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back