150 tank build question

  • Thread starter Thread starter sbazain
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sbazain

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2013
Messages
424
Reaction score
49
Location
miami lakes florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding sand and water this weekend water coming in a truck my question should I put my old water in this tank too my water right now is in great shape
 
Up to you, you don't have to, most of the bacteria is on the rock and in the sand, the water carries some but not alot.
 
Well am only going to put 25 gallons of the old water now on the sand should I clean it or just seed with some and try not to stir to much of the old sand they say it might have some bad stuff laying under it even though I don't have a deep sand bed it might be about 1" only but its really alive its about 28 months old
 
Definately gotta clean the sand out. Rinse it well.
 
What would be the best way last time I upgraded from my 30 to the 75 I rinsed it with tap water and then put some in the 75 not much but some I don't know if it was bad or not
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new