150 water saver kit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order for the 150gpd water saver kit to hopefully increase my production rate by not losing as much waste water on my 75gpd system.

When it comes and I connect it, does the new RO membrane need to be flushed for a certain amount of time? If so, is it reasonable to connect the source water line directly to the membrane to flush it to avoid burning the other numerous filters just to dump the water out?

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed an order for the 150gpd water saver kit to hopefully increase my production rate by not losing as much waste water on my 75gpd system.

When it comes and I connect it, does the new RO membrane need to be flushed for a certain amount of time? If so, is it reasonable to connect the source water line directly to the membrane to flush it to avoid burning the other numerous filters just to dump the water out?
I have this unit and love it. Did you get the plus version with the flush valve, tds meter, and pressure gauge?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Booster pump and auto flush kit will make your life easier. You should be hitting 80 psi into the membranes, so depending on your water pressure, the booster pump might be a necessary purchase? Also, I run membranes or anything new (filters) for about an hour before I keep the water, but that's just me.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this unit and love it. Did you get the plus version with the flush valve, tds meter, and pressure gauge?
I didn't. Whatever version was up today at 53.99. :) I think its just the membrane, housing, tubing.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Booster pump and auto flush kit will make your life easier. You should be hitting 80 psi into the membranes, so depending on your water pressure, the booster pump might be a necessary purchase? Also, I run membranes or anything new (filters) for about an hour before I keep the water, but that's just me.
Thats a lot of pressure. I can keep the water saver kit on the shelf until I get a booster pump in the future. Ideally I'd have the booster, 2 membranes and 3 stage DI so I have a lot of add-ons to get yet!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a lot of pressure. I can keep the water saver kit on the shelf until I get a booster pump in the future. Ideally I'd have the booster, 2 membranes and 3 stage DI so I have a lot of add-ons to get yet!
+1 on this. The booster pump makes your membranes last longer and makes water much faster. 80ppm is about what my unit runs with a booster pump. The auto flush kit makes things super easy. I flush the system for a few minutes each time I make water. My 150gpd water saver plus with the booster pump makes 10 gallons in an hour. Super fast!

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 on this. The booster pump makes your membranes last longer and makes water much faster. 80ppm is about what my unit runs with a booster pump. The auto flush kit makes things super easy. I flush the system for a few minutes each time I make water. My 150gpd water saver plus with the booster pump makes 10 gallons in an hour. Super fast!
10 in an hour! I think mine makes 10 every 6-7 hours. Exciting!

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 in an hour! I think mine makes 10 every 6-7 hours. Exciting!
I used to have a 100gpd without a booster and it took hours to make water with a ton of waste water. You’ll love the upgrades!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The only thing that we'd suggest doing is flushing the membranes for about an hour. That's something that we typically recommend any time you replace a membrane.

Once you get your kit, Randy has a great how-to video HERE if you need help with the installation. Of course, we're always here to answer any questions you might have if you get stuck.

OP
OP
T

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good to me guys. Will add on the booster and triple DI stage. Add those onto black friday deals BRS!! :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back