RODI saver kit

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
1,320
Reaction score
822
Location
MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased one of the BRS water saver kits to add a second 75 GPD RO membrane to my RODI system as I had 65-70 psi without a booster pump and even after adding the second membrane I still have 60-65 psi and I was curious if it would work to add a third membrane?

I only ask as my water rates are absolutely insane in my town and I know the wastewater went way down after adding the second membrane and I would love to cut down on waste water even more if adding a third one would work even if I had to add a booster pump.
 
I purchased one of the BRS water saver kits to add a second 75 GPD RO membrane to my RODI system as I had 65-70 psi without a booster pump and even after adding the second membrane I still have 60-65 psi and I was curious if it would work to add a third membrane?

I only ask as my water rates are absolutely insane in my town and I know the wastewater went way down after adding the second membrane and I would love to cut down on waste water even more if adding a third one would work even if I had to add a booster pump.
Het Dave,
Well, kind of. Putting a 3rd in series should give some more efficiency but at some point there will be diminishing returns.
In addition as more concentrated waste gets to the 3rd membrane it's gonna need to be replaced more often, but that's going to be dependant on the tds going into the system.
 
Het Dave,
Well, kind of. Putting a 3rd in series should give some more efficiency but at some point there will be diminishing returns.
In addition as more concentrated waste gets to the 3rd membrane it's gonna need to be replaced more often, but that's going to be dependant on the tds going into the system.
I actually have thought of adding another dual or triple TDS meter just to see what the TDS is after the first RO membrane.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new