1500 gal reef tank

Cool -- Like others, I'm worried about that tank on the wall held by tiny brackets. That does not look like it will be sturdy to me!
 
Cool -- Like others, I'm worried about that tank on the wall held by tiny brackets. That does not look like it will be sturdy to me!
For sure! It looks like its going to bow in the middle and crack the glass at the least!
 
The brackets are a lot sturdier than they look I don't think the tanks going anywhere . But I will be watching everyday to make sure its able to hold the weight and I'll be checking to see if the wall warps or anything like that
 
Definitely a awesome tank but the one hanging on the wall I see could be a problem. Is the wall it is attached to 2x4 wood or metal framing or is it block ? Btw what are the dimension of the tank on the wall
 
Definitely a awesome tank but the one hanging on the wall I see could be a problem. Is the wall it is attached to 2x4 wood or metal framing or is it block ? Btw what are the dimension of the tank on the wall
What ever it's anchored into its really solid I could hang off that tank and it wouldn't go anywhere. I'll let you know deminsions of it today
 
Seawater weighs about 8.5 gallons per gallon plus the weight of the tank and whatever else you put in it if the wall is a poured block wall I wouldn't be that concerned if it is 2x4 wood frame you may want to add legs to the front of the tank to relieve the force pulling on the wall or open the wall and reinforce it to support the weight .. I'm definitely tagging along on this build your going to have a really nice system in the end
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new