1500 gal reef tank

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the amount of flow. It's a very long tank. Fluid dynamics in that tank might be challenging. But I am not as worried. Over all it looks awesome.

I use 4 Gyres (2x150's and 2x230's) in my 8 ft long 320, I think 8 Gyres will do the trick here ! 4 along the back wall and 2 at either end.

OP
OP
gandalf208

gandalf208

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
52feeb0c6db82c96820eb85437c31f4f.jpg

David29price

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you getting enough flow from the 4 SeaSwirls located in the center? I'm going to do a 340 later this year 96x30x30 split between two rooms like you have, sump will be in the basement in its own room with plenty of room for whatever I need to do the best filtration. Have been wrestling with doing SeaSwirl, OceansMotion, Vortech or a combination. Will have ghost overflows on the ends. Love the look of OceansMotion but don't want to drill a ton of holes in the bottom of the tank unless someone can tell me not to worry about it. Then was thinking I would do 6 SeaSwirls, 2 in each corner connected to two return pumps and two in the center closed loop. I can add Vortechs to the end later if not enough flow. Plan is for SPS dominant with heavy fish. I don't want a ton of hoses/pipes/wires in the tank so was thinking of this design. I have a customer with a SeaSwirl in a 500 gallon tank, but it is fish only and it works well, but no idea how well it would be with coral. SewaSwirl was one of the original flow devices and I remember people used them a lot, then everyone got on the Vortech bandwagon. I don't see any comparisons anymore between them and the newer technologies. Thoughts?

Also, was looking to do RollerMat sold by BRS. Never heard of the SeaVisions device before but looks rock solid! Do you know how the compare, any recommendation on either?

Thanks!

OP
OP
gandalf208

gandalf208

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got The 4 seaswirls ,two gyre in the center and 2 tunze on each side I'd you might want 1 more good power head located a little lower in the tank I'm each side as well

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 183 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back