[1500L] Matthijs' Built in wall reef

Matthijs

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2018
Messages
94
Reaction score
135
Location
Belgium (EU)
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,

15 years in the hobby :)
Time to share my setup on here

It's a 200X80X70cm (80x32x28") built in wall that I started October 2017 but did a restart with liverock March 2019 as I wasn't pleased the way the tank was running on RRR.
It all started like this :

IMG_20170812_200519_089.jpg


IMG_20170815_211045_665.jpg


IMG_20170822_215842_439.jpg


After a while it looked like this:
IMG_20181124_135823_951.jpg


I decided to restart the tank as I got issues keeping SPS alive even though my ICP test didn't reveal any issues in the parameters.

This is my tank as it is today :
IMG_20230305_202804_936.jpg


IMG_20230305_194102_467.jpg


Some more info on my setup :
- Lighting : 4x ATI Straton
- Flow : 2x Panta Rhei ECM42, 3x AI Nero 5, 1x Tunze Stream 3, 1x Tunze 6105
- Return pump : Abyzz A200
- Skimmer : Bubbleking 250
- Aquarium controller : GHL Profilux 4 + KH Director + ION Director + GHL Dosing pumps
- Frag tank coupled to the main tank
- Dosing method : Modern Reef RKS + Complete reef food + Polypop

A short story about the tank, more pictures will follow later on

Grtz,
Matthijs
 
Last edited:
How are you enjoying the GHL system? I’m looking into it as I’m currently running no controller. Specifically interested in the KH Director
 
How are you enjoying the GHL system? I’m looking into it as I’m currently running no controller. Specifically interested in the KH Director
I'm very happy with it! I'm using the KH Director since June 2018 and my first ph probe is still functional :)
Measures consistently and asks allmost no maintenance, at this moment it measures 4 times a day.

Grtz,
Matthijs
 
Nice build Matthijs! Will be following
 
How do you keep that monty in the top right in check? I imagine with good water parameters it must grow like crazy.. Does it encrust over everything?
 
You’ve got some nice gear.

What is RRR?
 
How do you keep that monty in the top right in check? I imagine with good water parameters it must grow like crazy.. Does it encrust over everything?
I cut it from time to time like I did today, it's an easy to maintain/cut coral.

Grtz,
Matthijs
 
You’ve got some nice gear.

What is RRR?
Thanks, it's not cheap but at least I'm confident the technical stuff won't give up on me too quickly.
RRR = Real Reef Rock

Grtz,
Matthijs
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new