150DD to predator questions

Winschuc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have had my 150DD (36x36) running as a mixed reef for about a year now. The current inhabitants are a banana wrasse, blue throat, 2 yellow tangs, 1 purple tang, 1 powder brown, a one spot foxface and a cleaner wrasse.

I've been having issues with getting my SPS to thrive and have set up a 93 cube to start new with most of my corals. Since this is happening, I was thinking about converting the 150 to a predator tank. I'll move the PBT and a yellow over to the 93 and most likely sell the purple tang.

I wanted to add another bluethroat, a niger (or two) and a smaller grouper, most likely a panther or miniatus. Would this bee too much?

Filtration is probably another 100 gallons with a massive skimmer (SRO 6000 ext).

OP
OP
Winschuc

Winschuc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, those stocking plans were a little lofty. I didn't fully appreciate the level of aggression that a healthy niger trigger can display naturally. After a few changes, I'll stick with one niger and one blue throat.

FilterFreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Panther Grouper gets 27'' adult size--Fast Growing--- a longer aquarium suits them better-cool open water swimmer though/// ------ White Spotted Grouper 10''--- V-Tail Grouper (cephalopholis urodelus) 10-11 inches ---Blue Line Grouper 13''---Miniatus Grouper 14'' these Grouper like to feel secure in nooks and crannies of live rock.They will venture out and swim around for short periods of time.. The Blue Line I have seems to be out more than the others are, he swims from hiding place to hiding place.. When he wants to relax and take it easy he spreads his pec fins out to lock them on rocks ... These Grouper are more of a ambush style predator..They will set in the nooks and crannies and wait for prey items to swim by and WHAM ... In the tank, to keep the waste down i feed them with 24'' Forceps...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back