OP
L

ltmsc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is about 5 months old. I upgraded from a 29g that I had for about 4 years. Still going through new tank problems, sand bed a little dirty.

OP
OP
L

ltmsc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the CBB for 6 months. He is kind of a pain and will only eat live black worms. I have qt’d him a couple of times to try to get him on other foods, but I haven’t been successful. My LFS can get live black worms on a normal basis, so the entire tank gets them.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the CBB for 6 months. He is kind of a pain and will only eat live black worms. I have qt’d him a couple of times to try to get him on other foods, but I haven’t been successful. My LFS can get live black worms on a normal basis, so the entire tank gets them.
Yeah had one briefly. No local sources of black worms. Arrgh. Beautiful fish.

OP
OP
L

ltmsc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
150g- 36x36x27
I really like the 3ft depth. I would also really like it to by 6 ft wide though, that would make it 300g's

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ltmsc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank. What are the dimensions?
I was looking for a 120g, but this tank came up on Craigslist last year. The tank was only a year old and it has the Sapphire glass, so I couldn't pass it up. I got the whole setup for a fraction of the cost. The guy just wanted to get rid of it.

OP
OP
L

ltmsc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are laying eggs. They used to lay eggs in my last tank, but this is the first time in this new tank. Must be those live black worms. Thanks @Paul B !

image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

ltmsc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered rotifers to culture for the clownfish fry and the eggs got eaten. ☹️ I am now trying to keep the rotifer culture going so I can get the next clutch of clown eggs. I like the challenge of trying to raise the clownfish fry. Hopefully I can raise a few.

OP
OP
L

ltmsc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been running 2 Jebao PP-15’s on the tank for 8 months. I was also running 2 Maxspect 230’s. I had good random flow, but had 4 pumps going. Well, I picked up 2 MP-40’s a couple weeks ago and finally got them installed today. One on the back and one on the side. HUGE difference. At 50% they actually blew my birds nest off it’s plug. I had to turn them down and re-glue. I was going to run one Gyre, but the flow is awesome in the tank, don’t think I need it.
I really think the Jebao’s are great pumps for the money and they do move a lot of water, but the Vortechs are better and easier to clean. The maintenance part was why I originally switched to the MP-40’s.
I ran 2 MP-10’s on my last tank and really liked them. They are on my refugium now., still running great.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back