15g IM fusion help with some ideas on stocking

Rasper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello new here. I have a 15g Nano reef its my third go at the hobby. I am very experienced with fresh water I love to aqua scape. I gave up in the past because I had a 60g and no ro water so weekly 10 gallon water changes and equipment just got a little too expensive for my taste. That being said Ive spent more on this dang nano than that 60 already and super happy with it because I feel like I'm doing things right now. All test kits from hanna, 12lbs of live rock its been up and running for 3 mo and coming a long. lots of fun corals mainly LPS and Zoas. But I want to have a colorful peaceful mostly stocking. I have a 60 hang on the back skimmer weekly water changes of 5 gallons.

Current stocking
2 mocha blast clowns (considering selling these or trading them) Because I want more color.
YWM goby and tiger pistol
some other type of pistol that doesnt seem to pair and cant figure out how to remove bought at the petstore....
fire shrimp
possum wrasse doing great hunting all over the rock work but a little shy.
tiger conch (considering removing just not enough space i feel)

my goal fish wise is active happy thriving fish with lots of different colors. I've kept royal gramma, firefish, clowns, watchmen gobies, Midas blennies, flame angle, cardinals and a dotty back in the old 60 that is long gone. I have intermediate experience.

My question is- I'm thinking about damsel(s) like and azure and talbot. instead of the clowns. and maybe huge maybe on another fish like a fire or pajama. But I'm open to other suggestions. But regardless I do want to add at least 2 fish to replace the clowns my goal is color variance but also a happy community tank. If the two different damsels is a path towards failure then just one.

also if you have suggestions on how to catch this other pistol shrimp without removing all the rockwork that would be cool. so far hes not an issue on the other side of the tank in his little home.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would probably just pick one damsel for your tank. Azures, sapphire devils and talbot's are all very peaceful (just depends on what you want to achieve for color).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back