16 gallon biocube lighting schedule

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a 16 gallon biocube that I’m setting up. I won’t be upgrading the light because it will be a softie dominated tank. And I was wondering what appropriate lighting schedule would be? The tank light has three settings of light. The first setting is the brightest light. The second is dimmer, medium light than the first. The third is low, blue light.

I came up with a lighting schedule by myself earlier but wasn’t happy. So that’s why I’m posting this.

Ratvan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's wrong with the light schedule as it is? I admit I don't know much about the biocubes since they're hard to get here

Patric1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I have a 16 gallon biocube that I’m setting up. I won’t be upgrading the light because it will be a softie dominated tank. And I was wondering what appropriate lighting schedule would be? The tank light has three settings of light. The first setting is the brightest light. The second is dimmer, medium light than the first. The third is low, blue light.

I came up with a lighting schedule by myself earlier but wasn’t happy. So that’s why I’m posting this.
I just got a 16 biocube 2 months ago.. it’s kinda tricky but i used a lighting schedule that i found on the internet and then adjusted it to my liking. I’m at work all day and like to come home to it on till i go to bed.. so for mine it turns on at 12pm and dimes to half white half blue at 8 then blue at 10 then off at 11pm. I like it but it’s more of an opinion as well as if your tank likes that much or not enough light. Goodluck

4A170559-4981-45DA-B7E0-47990E72E75E.png

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's wrong with the light schedule as it is? I admit I don't know much about the biocubes since they're hard to get here
The current light schedule I just threw together without thinking, that’s why I’m looking for a new one. Biocubes have a simple lighting system with relatively short ramping times.

OP
OP
Pablopufferfish

Pablopufferfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 16 biocube 2 months ago.. it’s kinda tricky but i used a lighting schedule that i found on the internet and then adjusted it to my liking. I’m at work all day and like to come home to it on till i go to bed.. so for mine it turns on at 12pm and dimes to half white half blue at 8 then blue at 10 then off at 11pm. I like it but it’s more of an opinion as well as if your tank likes that much or not enough light. Goodluck

4A170559-4981-45DA-B7E0-47990E72E75E.png
I might just duplicate my 5 gallon lighting schedule since the coral sees to like it a lot. I also like how that one looks. So I’m thinking LED 2 7:30 AM to 11:30AM, then LED 1 11:30AM to 4:00PM, finally LED 3(moon lights) 4:00PM to 7:00PM.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 136 41.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 165 49.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 31 9.3%
Back