Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Check out what I nabbed for $75 today!!

E111C186-EF42-4FB2-A8FA-D12BE71002B5.jpeg

I checked the lights and pump and all works just fine!! I’m gonna clean the back of it tomorrow and test fill it. The folks I bought it from said it’d been sitting for a little while so I just wanna make sure there aren’t any bad seals in it. It is missing the filter basket though... I wanna get an intank aquatics rack but wanted to also pick someone’s brain on going without one...

Anyways, I plan on getting this one cycled eventually. This will be a slow build as I don’t necessarily have the time for it now but i did need the tank..

54A128EF-A71D-4158-9592-E899F979E817.jpeg

T_BONE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a pretty nice score! Especially if everything works like it should. I have a 14, 16 led, and a 32 led along with my 125 and I believe my cubes are the more successful. Stuff just works well in all three. Btw, all I use is filter floss In the back of mine. Be sure and start a build thread when you get around to cycling. Happy reefing!!

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice score!

If you want to test the seals just fill it up with warm water somewhere you can support the weight and then once you're content it doesn't leak add some vinegar and let it run. It will help clean up all the calcium buildup and make it an easier job.

OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it test filled, and have it running for now. When i get home later, i'm going to top if off with cleaning vinegar and give it a scrub, then stash it away till it's ready to be cycled!

Tihsho

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a place you can leave it running, it may not be a bad idea to keep it running with dry rock if that's the plan you're going with so you can get the curing process out the way. You can ghost feed the tank and not have to run lights and when you're ready to start you will have some live rock.

OP
OP
Mario0240

Mario0240

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there is a place you can leave it running, it may not be a bad idea to keep it running with dry rock if that's the plan you're going with so you can get the curing process out the way. You can ghost feed the tank and not have to run lights and when you're ready to start you will have some live rock.

Not a horrible idea.... Might swing by the LFS later today to see if he has any rock and maybe just get it going.

Thank you!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back