170g reef stocking help

CoolKid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a 6' 170g and I'm about to finish up the stand and start cycling. So I'm trying to figure out the stocking, but I've never had a tank this big. So far I'm thinking:

Obligatory pair of clowns
6 anthias
2-3 royal gramma
3 tangs or 1 tang and 1 rabbitfish

I'm unsure what anthias. I'm leaning towards dispar because I've read they're the easiest to get on pellets.

I'm also leaning towards 1 tang and 1 rabbitfish. I would like a powder blue, so a rabbit fish will let me get some algae control earlier and let me wait until the tank is more mature to add the powder blue.

The question I have is how many/what other fish would be good additions. As well as any input on the above. Filtration is a 55g sump with refugium and skimmer.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You've got plenty of room in that tank for more fish. My .02. I'd add quite a few wrasses into the mix

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 58 39.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back