180 flow

SteveySingle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Messages
343
Reaction score
46
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, setting up a 180 (6x2x2)
I have a Syncra pro 1900gph with dual returns and dual nozzles + 2 gyre xf330 (wish I got the bigger ones)
I have the gyres on either end but concerned about the back of the tank, any suggestions for additional flow or am I overthinking?
 
Depends on what coral you are planning on keeping. On my heavy SPS 180 I have 3 MP 40'S on one end. 2 Reef wave 45's on the back and 2 Nero 5's on the opposite end from the MP 40's. I don't consider this overkill by any stretch in fact looking at one more reef wave.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new