180 Gallon Florida Coral Reef Aquarium Build at the Ocean Discovery Visitors Center

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
453F2C1B-4082-4C77-8063-26200F9C5CF4.jpeg
Nice! I had a Mojano on one once
077C37A3-A8AA-477C-BF83-8B0EB3BF83C7.jpeg

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read thru all your thread and I love the tank. Seeing all the native corals and fish together is really cool. Congrats on the masters, and position.
I’m really glad that you enjoyed it! I definitely tried to make it as representative as possible for people to get a solid understanding of a Caribbean coral reef. I would say that it came out better than I had ever hoped for so I am very proud. And thank you for the congratulations! It was a long time coming and I’m glad I have finally completed my masters! ;Bookworm

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Love seeing the build process and tank is looking gorgeous! How do the visitors like it?

Regardless, congrats on finishing grad school, as well - not an easy thing to do!
Thank you! The visitors love it! It’s definitely the favorite tank of everybody who comes in. However, the jawfish are usually the favorite part of the whole tank ;Facepalm

And thank you for the congrats! It was a long journey but I’m very glad that I did it!

Blutspitze

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! The visitors love it! It’s definitely the favorite tank of everybody who comes in. However, the jawfish are usually the favorite part of the whole tank ;Facepalm

And thank you for the congrats! It was a long journey but I’m very glad that I did it!

Glad to hear that everything's working out well and folks are at least enjoying it. Always great to see. Hope things go well with your coming career and/or additional education.

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear that everything's working out well and folks are at least enjoying it. Always great to see. Hope things go well with your coming career and/or additional education.
Yes they are! It makes talking about research so much more impactful! This has definitely been a fun one to build :D

The tank is beautiful!
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed!

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the Wyze camera. Cheap and easy. There are easy steps posted online that tell how to do it.
I will have to take a look at them. Always nice to have an eye on the tank ;Cyclops

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it might be a good way to draw attention to your facility.
I agree. I have seen similar things done with other aquariums and it would definitely be something cool for us to look in to doing. Thanks for the suggestion!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back