1g minibowl?

24/7ReeFTime

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
212
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1g minibowl. First off I was not planning on putting any fish in it. I was wondering if I could just grow frags? I would have to get a different light I know. Would I really need a filter or not? Ik it will be hard to maintain water quality. Do you think it’s possible?
thanks in advance.
 
Frags only I think it is possible. I would get ahold algeabarn.com about it. Maybe a small snail and some sort of chaeto kept in the bowl along with good lighting would work. Also, maybe copepods. The algeabarn may be a good source of information for your need. If you go with corals that do not require food (lots of them) you wouldn't have to worry too much about it. I'm just thinking out side the box here. I'd be interested in what you find out and following your progress.
 
Youtube has a ton of videos on fragging. Depends on what you are fragging on how you do it. Can you post a link to your nano thread please. I'll definitely follow it.
 
main problem with a 1gallon tank is maintaining salinity with top off. It can vary a lot.

If you are able to maintain it and have some flow. regular water changes... yes, you can grow frags
 
This is the tank. I was wondering is there any tiny HOB filters or is there someway I make one. Any lighting suggestions, preferably small spot lights? I have some live sand and I’ll probably get a small rock(live or dry?) or should I try to find a small frag rack(I can always trim to size).
95B83AAF-2AB9-484F-876E-8C30B3FED927.jpeg


CE3802CD-03FD-4709-9A6F-3D6BD45C3888.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new