OP
beginner_reefer

beginner_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
null.jpg

Welcome to the reef life! You're first step of replacing the carpet under the tank with tile was a great one. Wish I'd thought of that when I started. @Fred2482 gave some good advice. BRS also has some awesome videos on starting up a reef tank. When you have questions, (and you will have questions) we're ready to help. Glad to have you with us!
Thank you so much!!!

OP
OP
beginner_reefer

beginner_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, congrats on the new tank! For now rock and sand, don't add cheato yet. Check this out:
Thank you!!!

Macbalacano

Recovering Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum and VERY new to saltwater aquariums. We are in the process of starting to set up our 90 gallon aquarium. We put our refugium together about 10 years ago. Just so happened a used aquarium, stand and canopy came up for sale and we bought it! I am SO EXCITED to get started! We have ripped our carpet out and put porcelain tile down to put the aquarium on. We are serious!! LOL!! I am aiming for live coral in my tank. Not a fan of plastics in the tank. I have no idea where to start, or what to set up first. Do we add sand and live rock to the tank and live rock, and chaeto to the refugium and let it ride for a while before adding anything else? I mean I am completely clueless here. I am aware that it is a slow process and taking your time and going slow are very important. Just have no idea where and how to get this started. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome!

whale GIF

mwoodard14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this forum and VERY new to saltwater aquariums. We are in the process of starting to set up our 90 gallon aquarium. We put our refugium together about 10 years ago. Just so happened a used aquarium, stand and canopy came up for sale and we bought it! I am SO EXCITED to get started! We have ripped our carpet out and put porcelain tile down to put the aquarium on. We are serious!! LOL!! I am aiming for live coral in my tank. Not a fan of plastics in the tank. I have no idea where to start, or what to set up first. Do we add sand and live rock to the tank and live rock, and chaeto to the refugium and let it ride for a while before adding anything else? I mean I am completely clueless here. I am aware that it is a slow process and taking your time and going slow are very important. Just have no idea where and how to get this started. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to reef2reef

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 91 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back