2.1 SA not connecting to GHL CC

  • Thread starter Thread starter techhnyne
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

techhnyne

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 6, 2017
Messages
529
Reaction score
149
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im setting up for 1st time and i cant get the CC to communicate with the doser via USB

i even went to administration and tried to add a new 2.1 connection via usb

anyone please help
 
also it is not conencting via tcp/ip I have it connected to my router and its not even pulling an ip address to connect to
 
I just found out why not working and its missing this step in every instruction i see
need to open device manager and see what port the GHL device is connected to and set that port on the GHL device interface settings.
AUTO was not working for me at all
 
Yeah not sure why auto doesn't work on the com port. Given plenty of us a moment of what the heck, until we try multiple com ports and get the right one. I think I saw something on ghl website about this being addressed with the latest GCC, but not positive?
 
Odd - I've never had an issue with AUTO, matter of fact, I only and always use AUTO.
Only thing I could recommend, I've seen on occasion if you change the connection setting between Network/USB, save and close/Reopen GCC .. if you don't sometimes it doesn't work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new