2 days left on fallow timer.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, July 4th I went fallow, and did 35 days of cupramine between .4 and .6 respectively in my HT.

Spent the last month Cuprasorbing the copper out and will be doing 50% water change tonight.

Now, I did not yet do any medicated dips... just FW on the tang as needed early on during treatment.

Q1: Should I do some sort of medicated bath before bringing them into the DT?

Q2: Tonight is the end of day 75. Tomorrow afternoon am I clear to begin me reintroducing or do I wait till the 77th day?

Q3: I have a serious GHA issue in the tank, Debating a Flucanzole treatment... any concerns?

Video of my survivors for attention:

Fish look strong, hyper feed with excitement.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was ich the reason you went fallow? If there is any possibility of flukes you should treat for that before introducing back. Prazipro will take care of that.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After copper treatment, usually do two doses of General Cure to remove flukes and internal parasites (worms).

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up prazipro...

Now... I have a 55gallon. With a powder brown tang, a damsel, a 6 line wrasse, and 2 clowns, davinci and snowflake...

Treat the whole tank or baths?

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was ich the reason you went fallow? If there is any possibility of flukes you should treat for that before introducing back. Prazipro will take care of that.

Appeared to be ich... didnt travel to the other fish fast like velvet. Fw dips didnt get them to drop off really.

I started cupramine 3 days after first signs...

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up prazipro...

Now... I have a 55gallon. With a powder brown tang, a damsel, a 6 line wrasse, and 2 clowns, davinci and snowflake...

Treat the whole tank or baths?
My personal preference would be treating all in the qt. I believe some do both. Since the baths are more potent it will knock the flukes down a little quicker. Espessially if done as a fresh water bath with the prazi. If your fish aren't showing any signs or irritation then I would just dose the QT just as a precaution before adding them back. An extra week in QT is better than starting the fallow period over again. @Humblefish has a really good thread on QT procedures. May be helpful to read.

OP
OP
RichtheReefer21

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My personal preference would be treating all in the qt. I believe some do both. Since the baths are more potent it will knock the flukes down a little quicker. Espessially if done as a fresh water bath with the prazi. If your fish aren't showing any signs or irritation then I would just dose the QT just as a precaution before adding them back. An extra week in QT is better than starting the fallow period over again. @Humblefish has a really good thread on QT procedures. May be helpful to read.

I have read them all.

Just no time to sift through them again. I need to have cupramine tests showing 0 to do prazi dosing in the HT I assume?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back