2 new frag tanks and counting

sdietz2469

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No I’m not pluming them together I went back and forth with this but. I don’t want to have something happen that effect the entire system. With separate systems I don’t have to worry about being completely out of commission. And if I do have to treat for something It would only be in one tank and for 40gal. It will take a little more time to do maintenance but I think it’s worth the trade-off .

what are you going to use for water movement, are you going to do a refugium? are you going to run a skimmer on the systems?
shane

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank will be for leathers and zoas. At some point it will only have zoas so I'm not going to have a lot of flow. 2 maxi jet 600s. I may have a small refugium. I will not have a skimmer. I don't want to take too much nutrience out of the water. There will be only one or two fish so heavy filtration is not needed. I will run carbon and a micron filter pad in whatever filter I go with.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed my mind at the last minute. I ordered a overflow kit from Glass-holes. It should be here in the next few days and I hope to have it on the tank this weekend. I drilled the hole I just need the pluming now. I was going to use the tank for zoas and leathers but will now be stocking it with chalices and acans. I will post pics of progress this weekend.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it painted and the overflow installed but my pump and salt I ordered didn’t come in so looks like it will be next weekend before I get to put water in it

IMG_3925.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back