2 Nyos 1 Sump

  • Thread starter Thread starter k2whunt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

k2whunt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
4
Location
Azle
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I did a thing. A deal came up on a Nyos Opus 440 that was too good to pass on 😂so there's now a second tank sitting next to my 300 — and I decided to plumb them together into one system.

The plan:
- 440 goes on the right, 300 stays on the left, sharing a sump
- Full reaquascape of the 300 while I'm at it. I've had rock cycling in a Brute can for the last 2 months , so the new scape goes in while I’ve got everything torn down. I had to tear down the 300 anyways to move it over.

It's been a gloriousl disaster. PVC everywhere, bins of rock and livestock staged all over the floor, the living room looking like a plumbing supply store exploded. Included the obligatory "what have I done" mid-install shot below.
20260910_210355_829617A5-5395-4FE0-9609-643842EC25F8.png


20260910_210355_B7822EF8-D42E-489E-9321-3A47F21D2BFC.png


20260910_210355_FE93106E-71F1-4A0B-8C15-15F5A79DC8DF.png


20260910_210356_39E6C56A-E2F1-40B6-81BC-9C3922A64D81.png


20260910_210356_A0140ED5-9AB5-4090-9165-1BC9F5D635EA.png


20260910_210356_40AC0582-492A-4396-BB29-ED8CDCEEACAC.png


20260910_210421_C0D35BE2-75F4-4A58-9EE8-5B7ACD48165D.png



Gear: Nyos skimmer, dual nature dimensions M fleece roller, Helio. Lighting is Hydra 32s + AI Blade Glows on Mobius + 2 Kessil AP9X. Full Apex setup with Trident/Dos. 2 MP40s and 2 MP10s

Plumbing is done just have to finalize the 440 scape, and fill it.

If you've run two displays off one sump before, I'm all ears on lessons learned — especially return flow balancing and anything you'd do differently. I’ve done the math and made sure sump can handle volume. Did the Fiji advanced sump 30. Wish I could have done larger but not enough space in the Nyos cabinets (either)
 
There is nothing to it.
Here’s my frag/holding/shallow lagoon tanks plumbed to one sump with another display same sump.

20260910_224517_0D198DA1-A8EA-4C82-8AE4-B92175F4B629.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new