2 Part by Day- Kalk by night

pledosophy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at doing a hybrid of 2 part and kalk, mainly to keep my pH elevated at night. Is anyone else doing this with success?

Any links to a calculator to figure out how much 20mL of a specific type of 2 part equals out in a Kalk dose?

I do have an Apex with a pH and a Trident so it will be easy to monitor, I am just hoping to not have any hiccups with a tank full of sticks.

Thanks in advance!

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This is what i use myself. 2 part alk is dispensed starting at 1am and ends at 12pm (12 equal doses ) I have Kalk using the Versa on Smart dose. Dosing for Kalk starts at around 6:30pm slow drip . My photo period starts at 10am and ends at 10pm Ecotech Radiant setting XR30 Gen 5 Blue

I also have a CO2 scrubber

Getting lows of 8.15-8.20 PH at night
Highs of 8.3 - 8.5 PH at around 7-8pm

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sort of doing this, I dose both all the time, but during the 12 hours my tank is off I dose 2900 ML of Kalk, and 80ML of 2 Alk from 2 part. During the 12 hours my tank lights are on I dose 900 ML of Kalk, mainly in the morning and I dose 170ML of ALK from 2 part.

CA/Mag I dose all day, one number, it doesn't vary. The levels are so high any minor fluxuation is insignificant.

The sad part is that even with 3800 ML of Kalk, and 250 ML of 2 Part ALK I still am not quite keeping up with demand. It's too much now, and my CA reactor is in the mail. Soon this will be Kalk/CA reactor/2 Part.

I'm going to keep using the 2 part for trace elements (TM Part C, K, and A) but also because if something happens to one system especially when I'm out of town I can crank up another one until I return.

Whiskey

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back