2 small white spots noticed on Gem tang

tangs123tangs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw a couple of these on my gem tang on his fin. Eating like a pig and grazes algae.

Here is a pic.

Is this the beginnings of ich? the only fish we have added in last week have been 2 wrasses (a choatis wrasse which actually passed away, but i think he just died from stress).

Gem has been in the tank for almost a month now and has been actually growing a bit and looking happy.

IMG_1607.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Saw a couple of these on my gem tang on his fin. Eating like a pig and grazes algae.

Here is a pic.

Is this the beginnings of ich? the only fish we have added in last week have been 2 wrasses (a choatis wrasse which actually passed away, but i think he just died from stress).

Gem has been in the tank for almost a month now and has been actually growing a bit and looking happy.

IMG_1607.jpg
Keep an eye on it. My suspicion is grains of sand. Ich will move and multiply over the next 24-36 hours. Please repost pics Under white light intensity and clean the dots off the glass for most accurate assessment

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first I thought - 100% ich, but then, when looking closer, I see that the little white spots are on the glass or in the water, not on the fish. You're talking about the three larger, sort of fuzzy spots?

Can you take pics under white light, without the other white spots on the glass or in the water?

Jay

TheRealDmorty217

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The spots you circled are not ich. Keep an eye on them though, could be a bacterial infection of some sort if they get larger or more appear. Also pics under white lights like others said would help more

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back