2 tanks together?

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I know this sounds wierd. I'm moving and I'll have to have 2 tanks going for a while. My question is

I have a mini-lumenaric III and a 250W MH light. If I put a 29 and 38 side by side will that light spread over that??? Width which I think should be like 26" max????

This is just temporary until I get a fish room built.

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..... I'll be starting a tank at the house and then moving some stuff then moving the other tank with the fish in it over there and setting it right back up. I didn't knoe if anyone just knew the footprint of a Luminarc III Its like 14" or somethin i think?? figured I could just raise it and it woul dcover them both some.

ServantSoldier

pro am
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a point where the reflector will cover both your tanks. Will that be enough light for your inhabitants? Thats the main concern. I have a 250 14 inches over my lps tank and that has tons of wasted light off the front and back that could be used for a side by side.

OP
OP
turbois300

turbois300

Man In Need of Sleep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man. Yeah I was thinking that it would work I'd Just have to keep all the SPS and high-light stuff on frag racks at the top and center of the tank the other lower light corals as I can fit them. I'm building a fish rom in the new house and I won't have the display / sump up for a few days/week. so it would be temporary. I've gotta get another 25 MH too so that may mean that everything is on one side in the display too, but we'll see how that all plays out. The maing objective is to get the tanks moved and setu up in the new house with everything i have - 2 tanks ect....

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back