OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would also take the slug out if corals are also housed I’ve heard pretty bad stories about them NUKES
corals are doing awesome, the slug was placed to control a hair algae outbreak. i'll give back the slug to the LFS when its jobs completed :)

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a close look and assure it has no haze to its' skin, rapid breathing, little black dots and swimming into flow of power head.
I dont see any black dots besides the markings on face, no white, i dont see any haze, the first dorsal fin i think had/has fin rot i can see the first bone (atleast i think)

reefingaz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one SUPER skinny blue tang. I would find a way to increase his eating. Add vitamins and or garlic to stimulate eating. If it’s sick it will be near impossible to save him if he’s not eating. If you can get him to consistently eat then he should be fine. Are you giving Nori or what’s he eating?

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one SUPER skinny blue tang. I would find a way to increase his eating. Add vitamins and or garlic to stimulate eating. If it’s sick it will be near impossible to save him if he’s not eating. If you can get him to consistently eat then he should be fine. Are you giving Nori or what’s he eating?
It's not eating , laying on side/hiding, i called out the issue earlier.

It was peeking at algae, eating emerald entre , and pellet last week, i have a veggie clip yes.

i have not tried garlic ill go try to soak it. but i doubt it will leave its hiding

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
setting up a qt tank, my old 13 gallon from college. Water is coming to temp. I am honestly not sure if she'll make it. She seems very weak this morning. still breathing some but not willing to swim.

I feel like im throwing everything i can at the problem and nothing is sticking. this is heart breaking. I built the tank for a blue tang specifically, did research and having no luck.

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tang did not make it, my suspicion is it hadnt been eating alot in transport, and some people will say it was just one with a lost cause.

I feel bad still...

tried everything 4-5 foods, fw dip, was moving to qt.

no visible white spots, no flukes on fw dip, just skinny and would not eat. hiding.

no visible signs of discoloration.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. I’m just seeing the post now. The fish was really emaciated. When a fish stops eating, it utilizes its liver for energy, and then when it reaches a tipping point the fish dies, there just isn’t anything you can do about that with small fish (larger fish can be tube fed).
Jay

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. I’m just seeing the post now. The fish was really emaciated. When a fish stops eating, it utilizes its liver for energy, and then when it reaches a tipping point the fish dies, there just isn’t anything you can do about that with small fish (larger fish can be tube fed).
Jay
Thanks Jay,
I am considering giving it another shot. Good news is i dont believe it was anything that would affect the DT and my clown and Tomini Tang. They both are fat and happy.

Feeling a little down about it, but I tried to give it it's best shot. I think I need to find a better source for healthy fish. Currently located in Columbus OH.

Semi scared to dare to go with an online supplier.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jay,
I am considering giving it another shot. Good news is i dont believe it was anything that would affect the DT and my clown and Tomini Tang. They both are fat and happy.

Feeling a little down about it, but I tried to give it it's best shot. I think I need to find a better source for healthy fish. Currently located in Columbus OH.

Semi scared to dare to go with an online supplier.
Online suppliers who will fully quarantine your fish is the best bet. They cost more, but it is usually worth it. There are some online here, but I have not used them myself. Some online suppliers are just dropshippers - the fish are imported and then bounced out to you in a few days.
Jay

OP
OP
Nate Chalk

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just found out i have a coral farm 30 mins away, they QT fish before selling 20% fee for that, but should take alot of risk out IE fish not eating etc

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back