20 G equipment question

britnicole1724

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2021
Messages
324
Reaction score
121
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Long story short, Looking for recommendations on a wavemaker/powerhead for my 20 gallon. I previously had a 180 g but massively downsized due to the time it took to maintain. I am 8 months pregnant and just didn't have the hours to spend cleaning and doing water changes on it like I once had. I did loads of research on equipment with the big tank but nano is a whole new area

However, the 20 gallon has been much easier to manage, quicker top offs, quicker water changes, and 2 seconds to clean the glass haha. It’s been up and running for a good year now.

That being said, I am wanting to dapple into some SPS corals and I am needing more flow in my tank. I currently have an Innovative Marine all in one with a skimmer that has done wonders. Current habitants are 2 clownfish and misc snails. I have a bounce mushroom and toadstool I kept from my previous tank. Nothing fancy. But want some higher end corals and what I have obviously won’t cut it for SPS.

Any recommendations on some wavemakers? I was really wanting the Nero 3 but I just can't see spending almost $200 for a wavemaker for a tank this size. Hoping to find something decent that is cost effective (I know not usually possible in the saltwater world) Is there a GPH I need to be looking for? Would it be better to have 2 on each end?

Thanks in advance!
 
How about one of these? Jebaos are actually pretty good.

Amazon product ASIN B0CXDD9K4H
1725030035499.jpeg
 
Not sure. For an SPS only tank you would want two facing each other on opposite sides. With soft coral in the mix on a smaller tank I wonder if there would be to much flow for them. (LPS too)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new