20 gal SPS equipment recommended

SpencerT82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m getting a 20 gallon cube from waterbox and just have a few questions since I’ve only ever had one nano tank and it was my first ever tank that I not longer have. Plans for the tank is 90% sps.

First off for my light I’m going with a radion. I’ve never had a Radion before and honestly I just don’t like my hydras so I’m going to try a Radion light. I’m stuck between the xr15 and a xr30. The tank dimensions are 17.7x17.7x15.7 LxWxH. Which one would you recommend for this tank being 90% sps and feel free to chime in on blue or pro I’m still open to both. In the future I was also thinking about adding some reef brites or ai blades for supplemental lighting in between corals so keep that in mind.

And secondly for other equipment I was looking at one of the reef n rolls filter rollers because I have a filter roller on my 112g and it’s a dream no more filter socks for me. But other than that for a 20 gal 90% sps what other filtration equipment would you recommend such as a skimmer or UV. Dosing and flow I already have that planed.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.8%
Back