20+ gallon Nano lighting help

mbmiche

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2022
Messages
39
Reaction score
38
Location
Hoffman Estates
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm picking up a 24 wide x 16.5 deep x12.25 tall tank setup this weekend, but I need to pick up a light too. Ultimately, I would like to grow corals (some SPS, but mostly softies/LPS) and minimal livestock and CUC. Eventually, I will have a much larger setup (120-150) and this tank will turn into a QT, so I wouldn't mind a light that I can transition into a new system down the road.

I am considering running a Kessil a360x (or "w-e" if I can't find a reasonable price on a used "x"), but would like to hear about your experiences with other lights.

Thanks in advance for the advice!
 
I have run a nanobox duo over my lagoon with similar dimension. Love it but they are not being made anymore. Thinking of putting a noopsyche on it as it will become a qt tank in the near future. Have not run the noops but look like solid lights!
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new