20 gallon Nano Reef build

Here is a good general rule: wait one month to add fish and 6 months to add coral. Even after your tank cycles it still takes a lot longer to be fully established and adding coral before it becomes fully established could cost you a lot of money in lost corals. It wouldn't hurt throw throw a couple frozen shrimp to help initiate ten cycling process. You need waste in order to help it cycle.
 
Welcome to the hobby! I too just started a 20g about 2.5 months ago.

I think you have too many hermits. I have 8 in a 20gallon and they've already eaten 2 snails. You're going to have to overfeed your fish big time to keep all of those hermits happy. How much were these if you don't mind me asking? My LFS sells the red hermits for $6 each and the blue are only 1.95!

Ouch, I'm getting my reds for 99¢ and blues for 89¢
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new