20 Gallon set up! I need HELP!

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the man picked up some corals from a tank break in our local club. No big deal, they were dipped and placed in the 180. Now, here's the issue. He felt bad for the broken tank's clown pair. So, he took them -__- I already have a pair of baby Long Fins in our 180. The big clowns can't go in it. That leaves my extra 20G Long. I was going to set it up as a frag grow out before moving coral to the 180. I need ideas on lights, filtration, and a powerhead. I've never had a tank this tiny. HELP, I NEED AN ADULT. lol

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do aquaclear 50 HOB regardless of budget, budget kinda influences light and powerhead.

Korelia powerheads worked pretty good for me when i was just starting but there are better and more expensive ones out there.

Lighting to make things simple if i was you id just use the same lights that you run on main tank. if thats too much money for a little tank, black boxes worked pretty well for me on my 20

OP
OP
Wick3d_1

Wick3d_1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do aquaclear 50 HOB regardless of budget, budget kinda influences light and powerhead.

Korelia powerheads worked pretty good for me when i was just starting but there are better and more expensive ones out there.

Lighting to make things simple if i was you id just use the same lights that you run on main tank. if thats too much money for a little tank, black boxes worked pretty well for me on my 20
I will look into black boxes. The main has a hybrid T5 set up with Hydras. I'm not going that expensive with lighting since I just want to get enough growth to move them to the big tank.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look into black boxes. The main has a hybrid T5 set up with Hydras. I'm not going that expensive with lighting since I just want to get enough growth to move them to the big tank.
Good luck!

Finallysalty80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

THIS. Tried and true.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 90 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back