20 long stocking. (Macroalgae and softies)

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my tanks, I gotta top off my 40 gallon, I rarley if ever do water changes and the nitrates stay at 0 my 10 gallon is my attempt to breed psudomugils
this one that you said you rarely do water changes on

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea if my mom will even let me get rid of all my fish to do it and I am attached to my fish, I could put like my favorites in my 20 long and return my fish I don’t enjoy but that sounds mean

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I think MABYE I could hold all my fish in a 20 long, I did have all my fish except my new tetras and my Siamese algae eaters when my tank was unfiltered and it was a paludarium for a month and I had 0 issues

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you still havent added what you will do about rodi water yet either. But in no way is anyone gonna say to put a lionfish and other fish in that tank, why would you do it other than to risk the lives of fish in your tank, it makes no sense and goes against as I have stated previously, every reputable website about saltwater fish.
I have no idea if my mom will even let me get rid of all my fish to do it and I am attached to my fish, I could put like my favorites in my 20 long and return my fish I don’t enjoy but that sounds mean
But you want to jam a bunch of larger saltwaterfish that need more room than any freshwater fish into said 20 gallon tank? That makes no sense at all

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listen if I see a guy keeping fish for 70 years (father fish as an exampl) I’m going to belive what he is gonna say instead of someone promoting to me 1000s of dollars worth of products which are gonna be obsolete in 2 years

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rodi unit (we need the ro and deionization in our tanks) are pretty expensive, and its a pain to bring water back and forth especially when you cant drive yet so be prepared for that. Who has told you to get $1000s of equipment though? 70 years doesnt mean squat anymore when the hobby keeps changing as fast as it has. I have been doing it for around 20 but the last decade has been the best for getting any useful information as well as new changes to technology not available before

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im talking like radions 200$ skimmers crazy dosing stuff and things. I know people who have reef tanks in fluval flex freshwater tanks That do well. I am probably just going to see where it takes me and learn from experience. I am still going to do research but if someone says like only designer clowns in a 20 long and I have a gut feeling something can work and I have logic behind it I’m gonna belive the logic.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which ro unit are you getting for $50? seems very cheap, like almost too good to be true price you know what i mean

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to believe a gut feeling over experience and examples of long lived successful tanks.

I have to keep telling myself you are just a kid but it sucks to see animals suffer.

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know but I’m ok with making a small investment If it breaks because it’s cheap. And In a pinch I’m only keeping softies and macros so a bit of hard water or fridge rodi wouldn’t hurt

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is anyone responding to this kids posts when he has clearly told you all many times even in his other thread his friends advice is supreme and says it’ll work. He also clearly says he is gonna do this or that without taking anyone else’s recommendation.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the logic would be 2 clownfish, doesnt matter if its designer or not as most dont have as many issues as they used to, but lets say 2 wild caught percula or skunk clownfish would make a great 20 gallon tank. Maybe one or 2 more small fish as that is what many people on this forum have and have had success with and havent been overloaded with nitrates, now thats logical. Doing something that only you believe would work and against at least 20+ people and respected websites telling you not to is illogical

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If there’s any large tanks this weekend at the Garage sale or mabye i can convince my mom to let me get a 40 and use the 20 as a sump because it’s still only 3 tanks and mabye even I can use the sump as a display refugium (I’m not using a skimmer) with inverts and nano fish

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you think skimmers are bad or something? They help add air and take some organics out thats all they do

OP
OP
NoahLikesFish

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No skimmers are just too expensive and I can’t really maintain a skimmer when I’m on vacation. I want the tank operating as simple as possible. Also do I need baffles for a refugium sump? I’d probably do a bag of lava rock then a ton of macros pods then mabye a dragonet for the sump then I can have a nice 40 gal tank.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good that is a very smart move. If doing this do it correctly, we all want our pets to be safe and happy and live long lives

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back