20 medium length questions

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what hybridization basically is

yeah no. Hybridization is a rare occurrence in the wild. Why? Because typically two different species cannot reproduce. The only time it can happen is if the species are very very closely related genetically. And even in those cases the offspring are sterile.

also, if all hybridization is an “abomination”, you should probably stop eating most produce like apples, potatoes, corn, etc. hybridization was the means by which mankind domesticated crops. That and selective breeding

it happens in captivity because we humans like to mess with stuff we may or may not have any business tinkering with lol

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is supposed to be a random stuff thread? Here is a picture of some corals I need to rearrange because everyone they look like a Muppet with a green afro.

20210424_112634.jpg

That is incredible. A service to mankind!

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is supposed to be a random stuff thread? Here is a picture of some corals I need to rearrange because everyone they look like a Muppet with a green afro.

20210424_112634.jpg
There used to be a nice mushroom on that rock too, until I caught my crazy turbo snail in the act of eating it. Now the mushroom and snail are gone and algae has replaced them both.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There used to be a nice mushroom on that rock too, until I caught my crazy turbo snail in the act of eating it. Now the mushroom and snail are gone and algae has replaced them both.

im now half tempted to try and make muppets out of all my future corals....

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back